Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeguard not working

anthonyw
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Safeguard not working

Hello,

I am trying to access the website of a Buddhist teacher and Safeguard is blocking it as tasteless.  When I try to unblock the site for an hour it still is blocked when I go there.  Have even tried to switch off the whole category 'tasteless' and the site is still blocked. I am not very technical - should I also switch off the router and restart it?  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Safeguard not working

Hi @anthonyw,

I'm sorry that this site is being incorrectly blocked and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. Please reboot your router and let us know if this site is still blocked.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
anthonyw
Dabbler

Hi EmilyD,  

Thanks for the reply.  I have switched off the router and restarted it but the website is still blocked.  I do not have a smart phone to take a picture but it is saying:The account holder has activated SafeGuard and this page is blocked by the category pn_tasteless.  I could give you the specific site address if needed.  I have put the address in the allowed list, allowed the whole category 'tasteless' and clicked ;unblock category for one hour. All to no avail.  It is a site about Buddhism so cannot be that bad!  Any ideas where I go next on this?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @anthonyw,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and that rebooting the router hasn't resolved the problem. At this stage I'd suggest turning the router off overnight (or for over 75 minutes) as this should move you onto a new IP Address which may resolve the issue. Please let us know if it works or not and we'll be happy to pick this back up for further review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
anthonyw
Dabbler

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  Have switched the router off for 2 hours but safeguard still blocking the web site!  Maybe I should give up and use the internet in the library for this particular site?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you have access another connection you can use free of charge like a library it may be worth it, however to investigate this issue further could you PM me the website address you're trying to access please?

If you also switch Safeguard off completely are you able to access the site?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet