cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SafeGuard not Working

Troggtank

SafeGuard not Working

Dispite following all the guidance online, including restarting my router, Safeguard is not working.

I have blocked several  categories and particualr sites and whitelisted one site to test fucntionality on Friday and still it is not active.

I get E-mail confirmations that changes have been applied to my Safeguard settings via e-mail but ther is no change history being recorded within the control centre.

Anyone able to advise on what I may be doing wrong?

Browsing the forums shows sevaral others have had issues in the past.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: SafeGuard not Working

Sorry to hear Safeguard isn't working for you.

We're aware of a known issue where the correct DNS isn't being assigned and I don't believe you can change it in the router we've supplied you. To double check this is the case for you, can you go to http://192.168.1.254

Once you're there, navigate to advanced settings then go to broadband.

Primary DNS should read 213.120.234.42 and Secondary DNS should be 213.120.234.38

Let us know if that is/isn't the case?

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Troggtank

Hi Gandalf -  My DNS settings do not match those you posted

Find details from Settings -

Primary DNS: 212.159.6.10  
Secondary DNS: 212.159.6.9  

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It's as I suspected. I've added your account to the problem we have raised [98595].

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be a quick fix, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.