Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Admin username

Merrick
Grafter

SQL Admin username

Hey folks
i'm trying to remember what form my username takes for the sql admin access  Smiley
i cant remember if its username.plus.net or username.plus.com?Huh
8 REPLIES 8
mar7t1n
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: SQL Admin username

Your username for MySQL is simply your basic account name. You don't need the domain in the login. You will have been sent an email when the account was setup, so search for that or use the help and assistance to find "Reset/Send My MySQL Database Password and Name" option and ask for a reminder from the admin team. If your already using a database on your site then you must have written the userid and password into a database connection file so look for that so your site will keep working rather than getting it changed.
mar7t1n
Rising Star

Dodgy spam filters throwing the message away no doubt as it comes from a machine and not a person. So if you don't get the email in the expected time then ask for it again. Or just check your junk mail box.
Merrick
Grafter

yeah i cant find the email with the password anywhere.
your saying the password should be listed in a file somewhere in my ccgi webspace? i run a php forum.
Merrick
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
your username and password are the same as the ones you use to log into the portal ( http://portal.plus.com )

yeah, was affriad you where going to say that, it dont work Sad
Merrick
Grafter

yeah i'll raise a ticket, never changed it.
BattleRat
Grafter

Quote from: Merrick
yeah i cant find the email with the password anywhere.
your saying the password should be listed in a file somewhere in my ccgi webspace? i run a php forum.

if the php forum files are still on your ccgi space have a look in config.php your password will be in there
mar7t1n
Rising Star

The userid is the same as used for the portal. But the password is different. As stated previously if your actually using your mySQL database on your website then in your code you will find a mysql_connect statement which has the userid and password in it. Or at least reference to some variables which contact this information. Typically you'd put that in some sort of config, or dbconnect file so that it's shared by all your routines rather than repeating the password in every file. If you have your password reset your site will stop working until you change the password in your code to match.
Prod_Man
Grafter

euh ..
$> cat < config.php | grep dbpass
(or what ever the database password variable name is)
the power of Command Line and SSH ... xD
Hopefully one of the many ways of righting this fault has worked Cheesy
Jim,