Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SORTED - Unable to FTP to ccgi server

marku
Grafter

SORTED - Unable to FTP to ccgi server

All.
Using my plus.net broadband connection,Filezilla won't connect to the ccgi server; I'm getting 'Connection timed out'
The host is the usual, ccgi.username.force9.co.uk which resolves to 84.92.1.5, port 21, (same for other host name of cshell.force9.net)
This is the host I have been using for many years but over the last few days it seems to have stopped connecting.
I've raised a helpdesk ticket but the response contained nothing I didn't already know.
Is anyone else having problems FTP'ing to the ccgi server or is it just me.  
thanks in advance,  Marku
BTW it does seem similar to when, a few months ago, we were unable to use phpMyadmin at mysql.plus.net
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Unable to FTP to ccgi server

Just tried, no problem connecting to the Force9 ccgi server using FileZilla. No problems over the last few days either.
The IP you mentioned is the one I'm connecting to, and I've checked with both the username and cshell style hostnames.
David
David
marku
Grafter

Re: SORTED - Unable to FTP to ccgi server

Thanks David / spraxyt .... for confirming that it had to be my set up. Anyway with that, did something I should have done in the first place. Rebooted the router to re-establish the connection and issue me a new IP address. Now everything back to normal
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: SORTED - Unable to FTP to ccgi server

Do you know the IP you were on before the reboot? It sounds like Plusnet haven't kept the ccgi servers up to date with the Plusnet IP ranges.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)