cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS reset

infidelus
Rising Star

Reverse DNS reset

When I signed up to Plusnet a couple of years ago, I got a static IP and had my reverse DNS set as my domain name.

While tinkering around with something this evening, I've just noticed that this has been reset to username.plus.com.

Why?

Can I have it put back the way it was please as I have services that depend on it.

7 REPLIES 7
infidelus
Rising Star

Re: Reverse DNS reset

Disappointing to note that once again Plusnet's customer service fails to respond to either this post or to the ticket I raised regarding this issue which can only be a direct result of Plusnet staff cocking things up.

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Did you have your static IP changed a while back? Well, I mean PlusNet forced the change but you know what I mean.
If it did happen, that could be when it changed back. Our static IP address was changed and there was quite a bit of to & fro with support to get the reverse dns entries sorted out, both with previous and new static IP address. (new had default username entry, while old still had custom domain entry)
That's RPM to you!!
infidelus
Rising Star

Nope, same IP.

I can't see any good reason they've reset the reverse DNS.  I certainly haven't requested it.

The only reason I joined Plusnet in the first place was for the static IP and ability to set my rDNS as I wanted.  If they're going to [-Censored-] me around and not fix it, I shall be going elsewhere.

The fact they can't even be bothered to respond to my ticket after 48 hours is very much starting to annoy me.  I will be making (another) formal complaint if they don't reply soon.

PS, the 'censored' is NOT a swear word.

infidelus
Rising Star

Unsurprisingly, after an entire week, Plusnet still haven't had the decency to reply to this post, nor have they corrected THEIR error.  All they've managed to do is irritate me more and deny any culpability.

Typical rubbish service from an ISP that claims 'We'll do you proud'.  What a load of tosh.

Pity I'm stuck on a contract with them.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

There is a form on your account to ask for this to be done, it was done within 24 hours when I had an account with PN.

As this is a public forum, it might not be the best place to request something to be done to your account.

infidelus
Rising Star

I've been waiting for them to fix this for a week and have had a ticket open since just after I created this post.  Unfortunately Plusnet seem disinterested/incapable of fixing mistakes they have made.

This forum also has Plusnet staff reading it, so while it may be a public forum, it's also a forum run by them.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Apologies for the delay in responding. I've now put this through and your rDNS should update within the next 24 hours.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.