Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS for my static IP

FIXED
AmazingGoose

Reverse DNS for my static IP

Hi,

Please can I have my reverse DNS record updated from [Removed].plus.com to the IP number variant?

This is for my static IP, [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Reverse DNS for my static IP

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @AmazingGoose and apologies for the delayed response.

I've just updated that for you now and you should see a change within 24 to 48 hours

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AmazingGoose

Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out for it changing after propagation. Smiley

r4z0r
Hooked

Hi Matthew,

I have the same issue.  I have a private domain (phoenixrising.uk) which is hosted / DNS'd externally, to point at my plusnet public IP.

I'm getting a resolution conflict (causing timeouts), as the PTR reverse DNS record on my Plusnet external IP is pointing to [accountname].plus.com.  Could you update the PTR record to my private domain please?

I have raised ticket 203248266 for this, but have read elsewhere in the forum that is won't get resolved there and I would need to raise here in the forums.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul D

r4z0r
Hooked

Correction - Ticket number raised is 203252721

r4z0r
Hooked

Can anybody help witht his please?

I'm getting no joy from the service desk ticket.