cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS Lookup Record Chsnve

Tomf666

Reverse DNS Lookup Record Chsnve

Hiya

I come from Zen as a new customer anyway I need to have my reverse dns set to my home lab domain so that my ASA is a happy bunny

I guess this has to be requested with Plus Net? As Zen let you do it yourself?Huh

Thanks

Tom
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Reverse DNS Lookup Record Chsnve

@Tomf666 Welcome to the forum.

Unless you have a Business account you need to pay £5 for a fixed IP address. You then need a knowledgeable Plusnet staffer to come along and pick this up for you. I don't know the process but understand that they will need evidence that the domain is yours.

Welcome to the world of the budget ISP!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Tomf666

I have all that I have a Cisco ASA 5515 X series that requires a reverse DNS record on it I know PN do it but seems they don’t know how to Sad
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Tom, I'm really sorry for the confusion with this.

Our documented process doesn't stipulate that you'd need a business account to have your rDNS updated, whereas previously it was a bit of a grey area internally whether this was something we could do for a residential account.

Can you reply to the ticket 217869178 logged on your account with your domain name and confirmation that you've configured the forward A record? I'll then raise a task with our NetOps team to update the rDNS. We may need evidence to prove the domain is yours but if we do I'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet