Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS Change

FIXED
sonny1
Fixes: 1

Reverse DNS Change

Hi

I am new to Plusnet and I did check this with the Support Desk before I joined, that a rDNS would not be a problem. 

I just wished that I had taken that guys name and number.

I have the same issue as everyone else seems to have. My domain (racknroll.tv) which I can point it's DNS'd records at my plusnet public IP. But I don't want a resolution conflict as the PTR reverse DNS record on my Plusnet external IP are set to [accountname].plus.com.  Could you update the PTR record to my private domain please?

I have raised a ticket 213764610 for this, but I have read elsewhere on the forum that this won't get resolved there and I would need to raise it here.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
sonny1
Fixes: 1

Re: Reverse DNS Change

Fix

Fixed

Over two weeks with not a single post of help. 

Forget the Forum and don't even think about trying the Tech Support Line ( one of the answers from them " We don't offer that service anymore" and in the same breath " I don't know what rDNS is anyway "

Go to your Plusnet Member Centre page :-

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22425&wizard_id=38

Make sure you include your Static IP as Plusnet don't seem to know what it is and some very helpful person will forward your request to the Net Opps guys or girls to update. About one week in total.

I hope this information helps someone, sorry for the downer on the Tech Support Line but nothing like what I expected after

seeing the TV ads. 

Regards

Now a very happy Plusnet user ( as my connection is setup and very fast !!! )

buzzgroup

Hi, 

I logged a post a few days ago, but not had a response. Your link to the Wizard tells me that it's no longer available and to join the community forums Sad any suggestions mate? 

Thanks,

Daimian

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@buzzgroup I am only a residential (not business) user, but AIUI, there is a separate Business Support line, where they may be a little more clued-up on these things. If you are a Business customer, do you not have those contact details?

John
buzzgroup

Hi John,

Yep, separate business line - Who let me know that the service isn't available. 

Just logged a ticket to be sent to the "Net Opps" as I read in a previous post and it's been logged! Fingers crossed. 

Ta, 

Daimian

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@buzzgroup I'm afraid many of the staff who used to be knowledgable have left, and as the 'Business' side of the company is, I gather very small, both in customer numbers and support staff, you end talking to agents who might not be exactly 'clued-up' - no disrespect to them, it is a 'company' policy to go for the mass market.

John