cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring website - ticket chasing.

kaiowas

Restoring website - ticket chasing.

Apologies, don't like having to use the public forum for stuff like this but when it appears no-one is reading my ticket I have to try other avenues...
Unfortunately my webspace went over it's paltry bandwidth allocation over the course of Sunday resulting in the usual kneejerk response of pulling everything. Raised a ticket (28823071) first thing Monday morning asking to have the site put back. Sometime Monday evening someone decided to take a look at my ticket, attempted to restore the site and from the looks of things ran into some sort of issue with whatever automated process is used to restore a users site in such cases so "passed it to the network team".
Since then, nothing. No information, no updates as to what is going on and no content. Am I in a big queue? Has my ticket fallen down the back of the filing cabinet? Is this a taxing technical issue and everyone in support is so busy trying to resolve it that they have no time to tell me what's going on? Maybe you've just lost all my data for the umpteenth time and are too scared to tell me? Either way it'd be nice to know.
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Restoring website - ticket chasing.

Hiya,
I've asked someone in our Networks team to sort this out for you.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've replied to your ticket, and restored the items in your webspace. Sorry about the delay in the response you received, when tickets are passed to networks they take longer than the target 4 hours.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Chris
Sorry about the delay in the response you received, when tickets are passed to networks they take longer than the target 4 hours.

This does appear to be very one sided?  The site gets pulled immediately without any user notification or warning, yet the site restoration is a much delayed activity.  Hardly conducive to good customer relations.
Is it time for this set of rules to be reviewed?
Raised as PUGIT 366  back in Sept 07  check the link and the associated Comments thread here
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kaiowas

Thanks a lot. If only users could get a response via the "contact us" system that quickly Wink
As regards the implementation of bandwidth limits I feel it would be more flexible to provide a monthly limit equivalent to the current daily limit. This would allow users who generally use little bandwidth to ride out a busy couple of days without having their content pulled whilst still protecting plusnet from abuse. It would also allow users the opportunity to receive warnings that their current rate of bandwidth use will see them over their limit before month end allowing them to do something about it. With the currently 'daily allowance' system by the time I realise there's a problem the content has already been taken offline.
Not that it matters much to me, this incident has been the final straw to push me into sorting some proper hosting so everything will be moving over to my new host shortly.