Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to change Static IP

Sparxeh
Dabbler

Request to change Static IP

Hi Plusnet,

I setup a Static IP a few weeks ago, but since then I've noticed ALL captcha's are constantly asking me to verify. Not only this, I have to complete each captcha (no exaggeration) anywhere from 6 to 12 times was the worst to get past it so I could login to one website. This is a HUGE waste of time for me, and captcha's are on most websites I visit and when I need to login as well.

I checked and my IP is on 2 blacklists with Spamhaus I think? The rest come back clean... Not sure if that's the issue or not. However either way that doesn't tell me whether Google or whatever other servers are flagging my IP/range as an issue.

Can I request my Static IP be assigned to another range please? Weirdly the one I have is registered in Tyn-y-Gongl, Wales... Not that it means much, but odd geography amongst other things. My pings are generally still 9-10ms to UK servers.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Request to change Static IP

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sparxeh
Dabbler

Why is my thread being completely ignored? Why was this moved to 'Everything else'? Clearly it's the neglected forum now that PN staff don't care to read.  This has everything to do with my fibre broadband - why wasn't it left there?

PN staff have responded to many threads dated after mine I can see, so they aren't being dealt with in time order either clearly.

Mav
Fixes: 514

@Sparxeh 

I am sure your thread is not being ignored and that a member of staff will reply.

It was moved to Everything Else as the issue is best served there.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Tomca
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@Sparxeh. Thanks for contacting us.

As this is about the account this isn't something we can assist with via this method.

Please reply to the support ticket I've created on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201927475

I hope this helps.

Thanks- Carl.

Carl Tomlinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparxeh
Dabbler

Hi @Tomca 

Thanks - I have replied to your ticket

Cheers

Tomca
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@Sparxeh. I've also sent you a reply to the ticket.

Please send any further questions to the support ticket and I'll pick this up for you.

Thanks - Carl.

Carl Tomlinson
 Plusnet Help Team