cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Reverse DNS change.

Panikos
Dabbler

Request for Reverse DNS change.

Hi, I have a static IP and I'd like to anonymise the RDNS rather than it being my username.

The ticket system doesn't actually work any more so I'm hoping I can get a request through this way. (I can't call)

4 REPLIES 4
johnsie

Re: Request for Reverse DNS change.

Hi, Just curious. Did anyone ever resolve this for you? I also have a reverse dns change request pending. Maybe someone could be a star and resolve two requests in one go? Ticket number is 211823904

Panikos
Dabbler

No, I never got any kind of response. After the nonsense with the ticket system I'm just going to write a letter to the head office for this and future queries. They don't seem to have the hang of the internet.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@flatious  there isn't a control panel for domains hosted by PlusNet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Panikos Apologies for the issues you've had contacting us. I've raised a task across to our NetOps team to remove the username from the rDNS of your static IP. This should be sorted within the next 3 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet