Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirecting multiple domains to ccgi server

geraldholdswort
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Redirecting multiple domains to ccgi server

After reading posts on here about redirecting a domain from the userpages server to the ccgi server, I thought I'd give it a go.
I went direct to the support guys, but was told that it was not possible to point domains to sub-folders on the ccgi server. As I have 4 domains, currently all pointing to sub folders within the htdocs folder, I thought it would be a simple case to do the same with the ccgi (i.e. have all 4 domains point to my space on ccgi, then configure each one the same way as I currently do to point to the sub-folder depending on the domain).
So, with all 4 domains being pointed to the same index.php file, I thought it would be a simple case of PHP working out what the calling URL was and redirect appropriately. I've found the $_SERVER array with the 'HTTP_HOST' key which seems to do the trick. Does anyone know for sure whether this would work? Or know of a alternative (better) way of getting it to work?
Cheers,
Gerald.
7 REPLIES 7
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Redirecting multiple domains to ccgi server

geraldholdswort
Grafter

Deleted 'cos I found the answer!!! Smiley
geraldholdswort
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
use .htaccess - See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,46224.msg392755.html#msg392755

OK, I've followed this guide, and now three out of my four domains get redirected to the PlusNet home page, whilst the fourth still goes to the HTML server.
One thing I'm not sure about, on the DNS records it mentions putting in ccgi.plus.net., but I'm using the free-online servers - so surely that should be ccgi.free-online.co.uk. ?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: geraldholdsworth
One thing I'm not sure about, on the DNS records it mentions putting in ccgi.plus.net., but I'm using the free-online servers - so surely that should be ccgi.free-online.co.uk. ?

I think ccgi.free-online.net. could be required rather than ….co.uk. (and ccgi.force9.net. for Force9 users).
David
geraldholdswort
Grafter

ccgi.free-online.net. has the same effect - redirects to the PlusNet main site. Could be that I haven't given it enough time to propagate...
...still can't work out why three out of the four domains re-direct to the PN site, whilst the fourth still goes to my webspace (not CCGI space), even though the DNS records are identical!!!
orrery
Grafter

Anyone know how I get my free domain name to point to the ccgi server, currently pointing to the www server - I'm with Force9?
Gabe
Grafter

Hi Orrery,
See this recent thread. Where it refers to 84.92.1.4 for Plusnet, you would need 84.92.1.5 for Force9.
Gabe