Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect www.mydomain.plus.net

itlity
Grafter

Redirect www.mydomain.plus.net

I try to redirect www.mydomain.plus.net to www.mydomain.plus.net/mydirectory
To do that I tried first to use the Redirect command in .htaccess: got a recursive build of the URL: www.mydomain.plus.net/mydirectory/index.htm/mydirectory/index.htm[...] and so on.
So I move to a "simpler" meta command in the index.htm page but the redirect still does not work. My index.htm file downloaded in my htdocs directory is something like:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=http://www.mousset.plus.com/family/">
</html>
I may have done something wrong as I can't get what I want: still get the recursive build of the URL I got with the .htaccess file. Or there may be a timeout before the new page is taken into consideration -that would be quite weird but never know.
Thanks for any advice/help.
4 REPLIES 4
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Redirect www.mydomain.plus.net

I don't entirely understand what you are trying to do, or what you actually want to do it for (can't you just move everything into the root directory so a redirect doesn't need to happen?
I've just checked your site and when I go to www.mydomain.plus.com, I get redirected to www.mydomain.plus.com/family/, is this not what you were trying to do?
itlity
Grafter

Thanks for testing: it made me try it again after clearing all private data/cookies from my browser and that was OK.
Sorry.
For the sake of clarifying the purpose of my request: I just wanted to redirect the .co.uk domain I registered with PN to a dedicated directory as it is for business purpose and redirect mydomain.plus.com to another directory as it is used for private purpose.
I have to do that as both domains points to the same root directory otherwise.
Thanks anyway!
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Ahhhh I see. AFAIK you can point the .co.uk domain to a specific directory within the settings for it? I haven't got a PN domain so not sure exactly.
Glad I could be of help Smiley
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You don't need to use the meta refresh but you will have to reverse what you have done.
You can do the following:
1) Have your plusnet domain pointing to the root folder
2) Have your company domain point to a sub-folder within your root folder.
1 is achieved by default (just take out the meta refresh)
2 is achieved by going to the domain names section of your account (on member centre page), clicking the configure button next to the domain, in the domain hosting section click default and enter the folder in the box provided. Then click save.
Then put your company website under the folder you specified and your plusnet one in the root folder.
wait 24 hours for the DNS changes to happen and job done!