cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering a domain registered through freenetname

Minimal1210

Recovering a domain registered through freenetname

Hi there,

I am trying to help out my girlfriends father regain administration of his website domain. 

He initially registered the .co.uk domain through freenetname, which I believe became Madasafish and then PlusNet.  If I run a WHOIS, I can see that he is still the registered owner of the domain and PlusNet is listed as the registrar, although the domain is due to expire in the new year and he would like the ability to renew and possibly transfer the domain to a new owner in the future.

When we log into his madasafish account, the webspace details are shown, but there is nothing that refers to the domain.  How then, would he be able to manage this domain in the same way you would with most typical registrars?  

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Recovering a domain registered through freenetname

Hi there.

When we log into his madasafish account, the webspace details are shown, but there is nothing that refers to the domain.  How then, would he be able to manage this domain in the same way you would with most typical registrars?  

They should be able to see the domain on the account page, but there isn't a way of managing the domain online I'm afraid. If they're wanting to renew it or transfer it to a new provider, they'd need to contact us.

I'm happy to help them with it. Feel free to send me a PM with their domain name.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet