Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend webstats for me please

Beetroot_Bertie
Grafter

Recommend webstats for me please

Hi all.
I've just found out I can't have webstats for my webspace because I'm on BB+ so I was hoping some knowledgeable person could please recommend an alternative for me. I have no experience with them but would like to see what kind of traffic I'll be getting once my site is set up.
I'll be putting a flash-based site up onto a single html page.
I've found this thing called statcounter on the web (http://www.statcounter.com/). Anyone know if this would be suitable?
Also, are there any risks to having a 3rd part stat thingy like this?
5 REPLIES 5
liam1412
Grafter

Re: Recommend webstats for me please

Sign ya sen up for a google analytics account
http://www.google.com/analytics
You just cut and paste a peice of code into every page on your site and it starts updating within 48 hrs
Beetroot_Bertie
Grafter

Thanks Liam. I'll give it a go.
netreg
Grafter

Let us know how you get on if you would. im currently building a website for my daughters club and would be interested in the same.
thanks
liam1412
Grafter

Did you find analytics ok for your needs bertie.
Beetroot_Bertie
Grafter

It seems fine thanks Liam. To be honest, my site isn't finished and I'm currently debating whether to put in on my cgi or www due to issues with flash sending an email form variables to the php in my cgi space. I've signed up for the google analytics and it's all working. Once I've got my site done, I'll advertise my services locally and at that point I think it will be a very useful tool to see how the hitrate may alter (or not).
It seems spot on for my needs and was a doddle to set up. Cheers.