Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Broadband speed

tiredeyes
Grafter

@shutter 

Rest your case ?? - Your case was that I was wrong and they don't sell data, you gave a silly phone book analogy which backfired on you 😂 😂 so you switched tact to say I was posting irrelevant stuff on this thread, clearly the irony is lost on you.

BTW ignorance is a description not an insult but somehow I knew you wouldn't know that 🤣

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

My case.... was..... and still is.....

Your whole argument.... either about selling or sharing information,

has nothing whatsoever to do with the original query posted at the top of this thread....

as acknowledged by your own words..

tiredeyes
Grafter

You're right it has nothing to do with the OP

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

And the link posted in @tiredeyes last attempt to provide validation is US-centric, and does not apply to UK/European practice, as well as being 2 years out of date.

John
tiredeyes
Grafter

@jab1 

It was the first thing that came up on a web search that I thought would help the uninformed members look at how shared data works.

It still applies to the UK/EU the only difference is you get told about it in the EU.

That pop up that you get on websites that says "blah, blah, we use cookies, blah, blah, blah, accept and close" and everyone just clicks accept and close - the small print that I have posted numerous times is typical of what websites say in their T&C/Privacy policy and is common throughout the internet, they use your data to make money, this includes BT Group

Anything there I have said that you believe is wrong jab1 ?Huh

tiredeyes
Grafter

EDIT: duplicate post.

jab1
Legend

Yes, @tiredeyes - your reference to 'uniformed members' for one. I don't know how long you've been on the 'net, but I doubt it's as long as me, and I follow developments fairly closely, having worked in IT for 30+ years.

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Off topic posts split to here.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tiredeyes
Grafter

So you know that BT Group sell your data and it does not break any laws as you first supposed, not only that but you thought they only used it for their own marketing which also turned out to be wrong.

But hey jab1, at least you apologised the last time I pointed out you were wrong !

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well I don't think the the Sun or even the Daily Star circulation is going to go lower anythime soon here.

When you agree to T&C's they probably have a clause which says "They might share data with third parties". Well you can read that as "Will share". When you agree to the T&C's, you are saying they have your consent for them to do so.

I am just just talking about PlusNet here - any company.

Otherwise you could take them to court for disclosing details about yourself which they shouldn't have done.

I am not saying it is right and underhanded - I agree it is. I worked for a company where we had to be very careful of the DPA.

jab1
Legend

@tiredeyes wrote:

So you know that BT Group sell your data and it does not break any laws as you first supposed, not only that but you thought they only used it for their own marketing which also turned out to be wrong.

But hey jab1, at least you apologised the last time I pointed out you were wrong !

Don't quite understand how you reached that conclusion, @tiredeyes - I certainly haven't said it, and I wouldn't - as it isn't true, but keep on deflecting. If you post any correct information, I may respond, but you are getting a little boring to be honest.

John
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@tiredeyes 

A number of your posts on this topic are totally irrelevant, you clearly stand by your claim about BT selling customers data despite the views from others this is not the case.....

If you feel so strongly about the issue then you need to take it up with the appropriate authorities rather than wasting your time arguing the point here and of even more importance wasting our time.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
tiredeyes
Grafter

@jab1 - It is true, I have shown you it's true within this thread via a number of screenshots. Including showing you these "trusted third parties" or "partners" are data brokers - It's boring repeating myself to those uninformed members.

@gleneagles - It's very easy for you to solve your own issue, don't read OR REPLY 🙄

jab1
Legend

I think you are a little 'uninformed' @tiredeyes , but please carry on insulting people, I'm sure you enjoy it. It would give your claims a little more credence if you didn't just grab the first Google result and post it, but actually posted a non-sponsored piece not from a mass-circulation 'infomag'.

John
tiredeyes
Grafter

I've posted screenshots from BTs own website privacy policy, you know those ones that proved you wrong last time (twice) but hey, you keep on deflecting !

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@tiredeyes I refer the Hon Member to the reply given in the case of Arkell v Pressdram.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)