cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Multi Site hosting

juliasdream
Grafter

Questions on Multi Site hosting

I had what I thought was a good hosting package with a company called Streamline.net but it turned out to be an expensive and awful experience. Then when I was ready to set up Opencart for a site and I found that they couldn't properly support it.
I've wasted loads of time over this and finally got them to release me from the contract without penalty
I now need a good hosting package
The opencart website recommends http://www.arvixe.com/linux_web_hosting which looks good, Its not expensive and can cope with my needs only it's in the USA
The fact that is not a UK site is the only reason I am hesitating
My domain name is hosted with 1&1 and can forward traffic to whichever site hosting I have chosen
Can anyone advise me whether or not this is a good choice or could I expect problems along the way?
If using a US hosting site is not an advisable solution could someone recommend something as good or better?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Questions on Multi Site hosting

I'm thinking of moving my site to Ariotek (previously called Fuzioned) which seems to get good comments.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
juliasdream
Grafter

It looks ok but a lot more expensive and limited disc soace and traffic
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You haven't said how much disk space you need but if it is less than 5GB 1and1 beginner might be OK at £2.49 per month with unlimited traffic
juliasdream
Grafter

I think I'ts going to take more than 5gb.
I need MYSQL and will be listing over 2000 items all with photos. I plan on using Opencart.
Ideally I'd also like multi domain hosting too. I'm finding 1&1 a little tricky to weigh up all the pros and cons
I must say 6 months free sounds attractive. Its what I am left paying at the end of it and what length of contract Id find myself on.
would it be better than arvixe.com.?
The only thing that stops me using it is
a). It's in the USA and I'm not sure if that presents any drawbacks.
b). I probably wouldn't have the same consumer protection that I'd get wuth a UK company should things go wrong