Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change journey problem

FIXED
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Product change journey problem

Just had a few goes at starting the product change journey on the website, but getting no further than the attached screen.

It's advising me of my current product, and offering the option to keep it, but no way that I can see of changing it.  

Using Opera, with plus.net whitelisted on Ghostery.

product.jpg

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Product change journey problem

Fix

What are you hoping to change to? It it was a fibre package not showing on that screen implies it isn't available to you.

David
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It doesn't look like there are any other broadband products that are currently available for you. Whilst fibre broadband is showing as available via dslchecker.bt.com there's no capacity at the cab at the moment.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@spraxyt @Gandalf  OK, thanks guys.  Smiley

I was just toying with the idea of FTTC, and thought it would be the best way to see prices for an existing customer.

Would it not be possible for the system to at least show me the costs, and then advise about unavailability?

As it is, it looks to my literalist mind indistinguishable from a website problem.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@198kHz I think others might equally be confused by being given prices for a product they can't have. Huh

The dslchecker.bt.com and the Plusnet check aught to say the same thing. Being different could imply things are changing so it's worth checking again in the next couple of days.

The standard price for 40/2 fibre is £5 more than ADSL2+, and for 80/20 fibre £10 more than ADSL2+. There might also be an activation fee.. However rather than working through the Product Change process I suggest ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (select thinking of leaving) and enquire about offers which would apply for the full length of a new contract.

David
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@198kHz wrote:
Would it not be possible for the system to at least show me the costs, and then advise about unavailability?

As it is, it looks to my literalist mind indistinguishable from a website problem.

I agree too. We'll pass the feedback on.

In the meantime, once fibre becomes available, your best bet is to call Customer Options as advised by .

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Many thanks.  Smiley

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)