cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems uploading a PDF?

nicolel
Dabbler

Problems uploading a PDF?

Hello! Hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to upload a PDF into our webspace so customers can download our catalogue, but for some reason it is refusing to be uploaded. Its 4.3mb, and I have successfully uploaded larger PDFs before.
I am using Dreamweaver CS3 FTP, and it seems to be uploading ok, until i get this error - "The file "/htdocs/BM_catalogue_v2lr.pdf" was skipped". I have tried over 5 days now, so I know its not just having a wobbly. I can also put and get other files with no problems, it just seems to be this PDF.
Has anybody got any suggestion on why this would be? Its driving me mad!
Thanks in advance,
Nicole
3 REPLIES 3
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Problems uploading a PDF?

It is possible that you have used up the File space, you will need to login to the portal and go to:
> Website settings
> My Webspace
To see how much File space you have left.
I hope this helps
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Problems uploading a PDF?

I've not used Dreamweaver for quite a long period so can't remember all the settings. Is there an option to ignore certain file extensions or files over a certain size?
Have you tried using a different FTP client to see if you can upload using that?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Problems uploading a PDF?

...like FireFTP, an add-on in Firefox. Highly recommended.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine