cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previously free included domain has not auto-renewed and just expired...

snj
Grafter

Previously free included domain has not auto-renewed and just expired...

Hello,

A friend of mine has had a Plusnet account for years with a free domain attached to it. Suddenly this year it's not been renewed and has expired (about a week ago so it's still in its suspension period and working for the moment).

Can someone please help - a call to customer services waiting for an hour didn't help as the assistant apparently couldn't see anything wrong with the account and could not be made to understand the issue was with the domain.

I've logged into my friend's account and saw that the auto-renew was set to off, I've no idea why that was so I've flipped it to true. However give that the date has passed then I'm not sure it'll have any effect anyway. I also wonder if he will get charged when/if it does auto-renew - has there been some change of policy here?

I know I shouldn't post the domain or account details here but if someone could respond and let me PM the details across I'd be grateful.

Simon

2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Previously free included domain has not auto-renewed and just expired...

Drop me a PM with the necessary details and I'll sort it when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

snj
Grafter

Re: Previously free included domain has not auto-renewed and just expired...

Thank you for fixing this Bob

Just to update anyone else reading this... while the domain was originally a free domain attached to a broadband account (that had been used for several years), it was switched to PAYG at some point for email only, with the domain becoming chargeable. This did auto-renew for at least one period but then stopped.

All sorted now though, thanks Bob.

Simon