Did you mean: 

Potential new customer - some queries

FIXED
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Potential new customer - some queries

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this .. I was looking for a sales query kind of place but this seems the most suitable one I could find, so mods please move it (as you do!) if I could have picked somewhere better.

I've got a friend, and I'm a bit brief on detail as he is at work, and can't talk on the phone so it has been communicated to me from a series of text messages so far, but what I understand is:

1. He has phone and Fibre with BT and his monthly cost is £73. He is looking to reduce that cost. I don't know what package he is on, but that sounds like a lot to me too.
  2. He mentioned PlusNet, I replied yes my parents connection is still on it now, (I changed it a few months back from standard ADSL to Fibre - and that we've had no problems with it Thumbs_Up).
  3. Told him you are owned by BT, but operate separately.
  4. I said I think all products are an 18 month contract - he seemed to think they were 12. Not sure if he or myself are correct there.
  5. He checked out your for phone and Fibre and said he could get it for £30 pm. So not sure what he looked up, but if that's correct he'll be happy with that.
  6. I assume going Fibre->Fibre from BT to PlusNet will still require him to get a MAC to avoid downtime?
  7. So he'll just ring BT, whinge about their prices being too high and get a MAC I guess?
  8. I presume he's using a BT Homehub, which are BT locked, but they can work on PlusNet? I will say to him he may as well pay the 7 quid delivery charge for a new PlusNet hub one, as for the money he may as well have a back up device in case the old one dies.
  9. Does he need to do anything to keep his landline number from BT to PlusNet?. I've never done that before.

Can't think of anything else, do doubt I will just after I post this.
I will try and call him later if there are any other questions I need to ask.

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Potential new customer - some queries

at that price he may well have BT Sport

there is no MAC any more as the move is gaining provider led

regarding contract length you should check the Plusnet site as there is a 12 month contract option for new customers

your friend should check what he has and what he can get from Plusnet

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Alex,

Only a couple of things to correct there.

Alex wrote:

I said I think all products are an 18 month contract - he seemed to think they were 12. Not sure if he or myself are correct there.

We now offer fibre on 12 months contracts on signup

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/

Alex wrote:

So he'll just ring BT, whinge about their prices being to high and get a MAC I guess?

MAC's haven't been around for a while now, he'd just need to sign up with us and we'd arrange for the transfer and notify his current provider. They'll then notify him another provider is taking over.

Alex wrote:

Does he need to do anything to keep his landline number from BT to PlusNet?. I've never done that before.

If he provides his number straight away when signing up, we should be trying to retain the number.

If you or your friend think of any other questions, please do let us know Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks Harry,

Well that was easier that I thought then, so that's good Smiley
I will message him back in a bit and let him know.

Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks all for your help.

I have just text him the URL of this thread so he can see the responses and I will ask him what he thinks. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems Alex, let us know if there's absolutely anything else they need to know.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks again - just this minute had a text to say he has signed up. Wink

I didn't give him my PlusNet username for a referral - can this be sorted later when it is working and I can give you the detail to someone either through a PM or a ticket? Or does he have to do that?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

We'd be able to sort that out once their account is active, however he would need to contact us. I'm afraid we could put your username on someone else's account as the referrer just based off you telling us you referred them. It would need to come from the person you'd referred Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks Harry,

That's understandable and what I expected really. I'll keep in contact with him as he is only local to me (so not difficult to do). I'll know doubt hear from him if everything is fine and will mention it.

Usual IT scenario - if you hear nothing, all is fine. If you hear anything, it is not Grin

He works local to where I live so I will pop into his work and speak to him.