cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal webstats missing this morning

dgdclynx
Grafter

Portal webstats missing this morning

They havent turned up. I have raised a ticket but will need verification for CSC. So if you are affected please raise your own ticket. This is what I said in my ticket...
Just to report that portal webstats havent appeared yet this morning. That makes them three hours late as of now. If they havent run they will have to be started manually. Bob Pullen of PN normally keeps an eye on things and cos the run didnt succeed a couple of weeks ago the last time this happened and the day's webstats were lost he said he was going to write a crib for what was to be done. They will need to be restarted by this afternoon.
I will paste the above in on PUG and Community asking other people to duplicate my ticket for verification.
This is a very rare event nowadays as the system normally runs like clockwork. Must be due to the cgi work last night.
14 REPLIES 14
Tony_W
Grafter

Re: Portal webstats missing this morning

@dgdclynx,
I was typing my post in the general section at the same time as you - with remarkably similar sentiments regarding the previous experience.
I will hold on the ticket for now as it seems that it is a widespread problem and will get picked up.
Tony
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Until a sufficient number of people have officially reported the issue (via tickets) it is likely that it won't be assigned as a high priority problem - I suggest you raise the ticket or it may only get picked up too late to correct the problem properly.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Tony_W
Grafter

I have since raised a ticket with a shortened version of dgdclynx's
Tony
dgdclynx
Grafter

Many times in the past it has been a problem impressing CSC that there is a genuine problem and we have found that multiple tickets are the only way to ensure that action is taken.
Thanks John for clarifying me.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Service status has now been posted http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1236675037.htm
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for the heads up, CSC had already called networks about this and the webstats run had been restarted before I arrived at the office this morning. I've posted a service status about this too and the stats should be available this afternoon.
Cheers.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dgdclynx
Grafter

Many thanks to CSC and you. I was worried cos there has been no reply to my ticket.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: dgdclynx
Many thanks to CSC and you.

Likewise, and to everyone who flagged this up.  I saw the stats were missing somewhere before 7 this morning but no time to post before leaving for work.
Have just got back and delighted to see the stats restored.  Probably a minor aspect in the overall scheme of Network's tasks for the day but they make a big difference here.
Thanks again,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Tony_W
Grafter

It looks like it has happened again today.
Mine are still showing those generated 10th March.
Possibly due to problem with ccgi server last night.
[Edit - 7:57am... CS have replied to my new ticket saying "we did have a problem with webstats so I will perform maintenance on your account in order to attempt to fix the problem. Please allow 4 hours for the process to complete."]
Tony
dgdclynx
Grafter

Tony. That is what CSC say when they do not realise that webstats havent run. I will put in my own ticket now. This is why multiple tickets are necessary. These CSC  bods dont know about webstats the way Comms people do.
Yesterday I forgot to post my ticket number when asking for support.
dgdclynx
Grafter

Contents of my ticket 28131873 .....
For the second day running portal webstats havent appeared. Yesterday they were quite correctly manually restarted and appeared at lunchtime. Chris Parr put out a Service Status and replied in PUG and Community telling us what was happening. There is already at least one other ticket (Mike W) in about this if you require confirmation. Please could you check if webstats are currently running and, if not, get the manually initiated. I think Bob Pullen has written a crib for you. It is egg in the face for PN if a day's webstats are lost.

I didnt get a reply yesterday till midnight so thanks very much to Chris Parr for letting us know what was going on.
Tony_W
Grafter

Another reply from CS - same person;
Sorry apologies ive just found out that the server which produces the stats once again had a network call out so this will be the reason why stats have not been produced.

Tony
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Morning all,
Sorry to say but webstats didn't run last night (which you'd already figured out anyway), it was due to the cgi problem. I've put a service status out and we'll manually run the stats again so they'll be available later on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dgdclynx
Grafter

Thanks Chris.