Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointing my .co.uk domain to a subdirectory on CCGI

dbsmith
Dabbler

Pointing my .co.uk domain to a subdirectory on CCGI

Hi All,
I've got a wordpress website set up on my ccgi.<user>.plus.com under a subdirectory called website. My .co.uk is now pointing to the ccgi.<user>.plus.com main directory, but I can't for the life of me get it to point to the subdirectory so that it picks up the website. The website is live & fine and can be seen by going to http://ccgi.user.plus.com/website, but I can't for the life on me get my .co.uk to point ot it & there is no documentation I can find to help with this. I've ttired various things - changing the wordpress internals, trying ot figure out the new cgi domain tool, even adding a .htaccess file into the root directory.
Any help appreciated,
thanks
Dave
7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Pointing my .co.uk domain to a subdirectory on CCGI

Hi Dave, have a read of this.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dbsmith
Dabbler

Thanks Bob, tried all of these but none work. Must be something I'm doing, I'm not that technical when it comes to domains and stuff.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Do you have a .htaccess file in /public (ie /public/.htaccess) and if so what does it contain? Does it look anything like that shown here (with changes appropriate for your domain and folder)?
Is there a .htaccess in  your webspace root (/)?
David
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Using guidance from the link I provided, I've commented out everything from your .htaccess and replaced it with the relevant code. It seems to be working for me now?
I'm going to return the support ticket you've raised because this isn't really something our helpdesk staff can assist you with.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

dbsmith
Dabbler

aaargh....this is now pointing the domain back to the old non-ccgi webspace,which I've just had moved to the new ccgi webspace.
Bob, whatever you've done,could you please undo it ? The domain should point here : http://ccgi.dbsmith.plus.com/consulting

I've tried various .htaccess configs in the public folder, all similar to the post that Bob identified above, the latest was the one recommended by Wordpress in this document.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory
None of them worked. I don't know what is in the root directory because the interface won't let me access it.Or there's nothing in there.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Are you sure you're not seeing a cached page? When I try browsing to the domain, I see what's attached. This is what you want isn't it?
To reverse what I've done, simply delete the lines without a preceding '#' from your .htaccess and delete the '#' from the lines where it's present.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

dbsmith
Dabbler

Bob,
I stand corrected - you're a genius.Exactly whatI wanted.I'll go & check out what you did. many thanks.