cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's poor customer services

envsf03

Plusnet's poor customer services

Is it just me or have other people noticed just how bad PlusNet's customer service has been over the last 6 to 9 months?  I waited 40 minutes on hold on the phone to report an issue - the support instant chat never seems to work.

Time to leave PlusNet me thinks...... I'd say, thanks for the good times but there hasn't been any......

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
trashman
Hooked

Re: Plusnet's poor customer services

My faults been going on for nearly 2 weeks. Still waiting for an engineer to appear. Had one booked today between 8am-1pm. No one turned up as usual. Rang support and was told it looks like the engineers had to do some other job. I asked why no one had phoned and was told Plusnet only find out the day after if the OpenReach engineers attended. I was also told that old people have a priority if their line is faulty ... I am nearly 68 so its nice to know I am not old. Was asked if I wanted to rebook and thought thats another day off work with no pay ... so no. Cannot believe this is the Plusnet that people rave about. Think I am going to change suppliers yet again as the support despite being from Yorkshire is not good. There is a real acceptance of poor service and a total disregard for the most important person the customer. If I was MD of Plusnet a few people would be fired as no matter how hard sales and marketing work they will be let down by the so called support people.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Unfortunately the support people , Who actually do a good Job on here Thumbs_Up  are being let down by the upper managers who  for some reason believe in quantity rather than quality Sad

So its sales and marketing who need sacking !

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rongtw - How can you even suggest that when we know that Plusnet is comprised (maybe that should be compromised by a) of a Super Star team (apparently).

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Anonymous

logo-light.png7889dbb1177f44f086d5f797e7d55291_tzcbxn.jpg

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rongtw - I don't think we'll be getting in to the Super User Program any time soon Funny

trashman
Hooked

you may be correct but I don't think its S&M as support scheduled the engineer not a sales person. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

S&M @trashman, that's a bit kinky me thinks. I assume when the engineer comes round s/he binds you up in duck tape and whips you with a Cat o' 5 tails. Funny

trashman
Hooked

Apparently no danger of that as engineers are spoken in the same way as the Yeti ... rumoured to exist but no ones caught one yet.

decomplexity
Rising Star

Longer-established customers will remember that PN has been here before – with Lee Strafford.

One can only assume either deliberate action or incompetence by Andy Baker et al, but it only takes a small brain (and I only have a small brain) to see that PN is being intentionally taken down market quickly, and that anything other than the pure broadband service is being marginalised and as soon as possible discontinued.

There is nothing wrong in this per se – it is a business decision. It is race to the bottom where volume is all. It would help if PN made their strategy plain to both new and existing customers, but it won’t happen for obvious commercial reasons, not least of which is that existing business customers may be paying more than Zen prices just to have their calls picked up without the half-hour wait domestic PN customers experience.

Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

They've been promising more staff in Cust. Serv. for years; doesn't seem to materialise /or impact customer
queues Sad
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there, @envsf03 first of all welcome to the community forums.

I am sorry to hear you're finding it difficult to contact our support teams - though currently there's no wait time for CS/Tech however is there anything I can help with on here? Please feel free to private message me if you prefer.

@trashman - I've reviewed your account and I am sorry to see your fault ongoing, and your engineer didn't arrive.

I'll be more than happy to arrange the appt and make sure it's booked with Openreach so we can fix your fault. Please feel free to update your ticket/private message me with your availability. Once again, apologies for the ongoing problems.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
envsf03

hi - @   - saw your message and rang PlusNet again been waiting nearly 20 mins to get through to speak to someone.  So in short, the same bad service as before.

no need to reply as I'm leaving PlusNet.       

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm sorry to hear this @envsf03 I'm currently sitting in available with no calls coming through, I'll be more than happy to call you to provide any assistance or help? Let me know by private message with a contact number if you're happy with this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Disappointment

It's not just you. I am a new customer. I should have been put on notice when their website having faults so I couldn't subscribe on line. They did fix a problem with the phone, but their engineer caused it in first place. I have intermittent internet. There is never anyone available for their online chat, so I waited 20-30 minutes for hard pressed call man to answer. Apparently wifi needs retuning and he promised to send instructions on how to do this by email, a week ago. Haven't heard anything.