cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's commitmment to existing customers at Offcom's instigation

crowroad
Grafter

Plusnet's commitmment to existing customers at Offcom's instigation

On what date will Plusnet start to provide access to the monthly discounted prices they offer to new customers, for existing customers?  At the moment, only a specifically chosen single product is available to me, which has a service offering at 50% of my existing service.  I am willing to recontract for the correct service and the same price as new customers.

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Plusnet's commitmment to existing customers at Offcom's instigation

@crowroad 

To get the best price you may have to be proactive. Look up a cheap competitors price on a comparison website, ring customer services, select the I'm thinking of leaving option and haggle.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

my53rdchoice
Grafter

I've been with them years and the price was always competitive.  I've seen them talk about not having different contracts for new people but all of a sudden it looks like and I feel like I am being ripped off.  Will be phoning tomorrow

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Everything Else.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

crowroad
Grafter

You miss the point entirely.  Plusnet have apparrently already commited to Offcom to provide accesss to existing customers to the same deals as new customers.

I simply want to know on what date Plusnet intends to do stat doing so.  I'm quite capabale of making my own decisions as to what's in my own interest, thank you.

So, Plusnet, when are you going to inform your existing customers?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Are you sure about that - can you provide a link or something?

I believe the Ofcom rules are that PN need to show you the existing customer deals and your best available deal on the renewal email - but they don't have to offer you the same.
BT & Sky have committed to offering the same to new and existing but I've not heard for PN.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
crowroad
Grafter

Yes, I am sure.  See here at paragraph 3 https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2020/broadband-customers-to-save-mi...

“In September, we secured commitments from BT, TalkTalk and Virgin Media to reduce prices automatically for vulnerable customers who are out of contract. We have now secured commitments from EE, Plusnet and Sky to do the same. EE and Plusnet have also now joined BT, Sky and TalkTalk in deciding to give all existing customers access to new customer prices.

Alsp at paragraph 5 here https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/jul/28/uk-broadband-users-ofcom-price-contract 

crowroad
Grafter

also here https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/07/out-of-contract-broadband-customers-could-save-millio... at paragraph 5.

It also clarifies that "while the firms have committed to offering the same deals in terms of monthly price, they don't have to offer existing customers extra perks such as cashback or vouchers, which may be available to switchers."

That would be a start!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Fairly new news then, thanks Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@crowroad wrote:

I simply want to know on what date Plusnet intends to do stat doing so.  I'm quite capabale of making my own decisions as to what's in my own interest, thank you.

Sorry, I foolishly thought that your contract was up for renewal and you were looking to get the best deal.

Good luck with your campaign.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

crowroad
Grafter

No problem. 😀

MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, I don’t know if this is pertinent to this subject but my 18 Month Fixed Price of £27.95 for Fibre Extra & Line Rental contract was due to end on 4 September 2020. I had an offer in my online account to re-contract for 18 months for £26.99, which I believe is the current price of this package to new customers.

I accepted the offer but now I wish I hadn’t as Openreach are just finishing off the work for Fibre to the Premises in my street.

If I’d known this I’d have probably gone to BT and got FTTP and their BT TV service ☹️