cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hosted sites dead slow/timeout

ChrisCousins

Plusnet hosted sites dead slow/timeout

Hi - I've been using my plusnet ftp space for hosting photo galleries, small sites etc since joining around 2003, I've never had problems until now, when speed of access to files hosted on the site has slowed to a crawl, if they ever download at all.
Try this link, I get around half the images to load then it hangs until timeout, "the server is not responding." I've checked all images are correctly uploaded, it's becoming a problem - can anyone suggest what the problem might be?
Thanks for any help - Chris
11 REPLIES 11
BlackRock

Re: Plusnet hosted sites dead slow/timeout

I just tried the link and loaded 26 frames with 3D graphic font examples in under a second. I suspect you had temporary glitch somewhere.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Nice, quick, and error free for me as well.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Word_Warrior
Grafter

Quote from: BlackRock
I just tried the link and loaded 26 frames with 3D graphic font examples in under a second. I suspect you had temporary glitch somewhere.

Me too, no problem at all. However, I had some sort of glitch earlier today with a login to a site not working correctly, Wonder if PN had a server(s) issue today.
James
Grafter

Was that about 1ish?
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Was that about 1ish?

No much earlier than that, roughly between 7am and 9am I think.
ChrisCousins

Quote from: BlackRock

Thanks for testing this out people - the problem had been going on for a few days but all appears to be fixed now, temporary glitch seems right.
James
Grafter

Right ok.  We had some brief internal system issues about 1pm yesterday, but nothing other than that springs to mind.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

ccgi seemed a little slow earlier today or it could have been mysql queries(may have been just rumpus but can't be sure as I have sites on humbug too). Didn't pursue it as it wasn't too severe and appears to be okay now.
ffupi
Grafter

ccgi web-access gone.
Since ca. 12:00 midday the ccgi-webspace at PlusNet has no webbrowser-access, it is not possible to access the webpage.
Such glitches occor now and then, and I hope it will soon be online again.
Ftp-access and commandline-access is OK.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
This should be back now.  Chris has put a service status out about it.
ffupi
Grafter

ccgi is back, thank you.
Could it be, that somehow cookies are not tranferred anylonger in a reliable way? Log-in to my cms has become impossible (requires cookies).

Additional message:
Today all back to normal.