cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hosted domain security

kaspencer
Rising Star

Plusnet hosted domain security

From time to time in one or other of my PlusNet hosted domains, I note from the web logs, that some IP address has been looking for Wordpress admin files, other odd files that might run scripts or let that user into the domain to wreak havok.
Sometimes I also get hundreds of rapid-fire requests for pages which looks awfully like an attempted DDOS attack.
Many of these addresses are on known abuse lists, and many are Russian, or from countries or zones which are wellknown for being a little umnhealthy.

When that happens in the domains which I host on my own web server in my office, I can easily ban suspicious IPs from the server or from the domain. I want to be able to do that on my PlusNet domains, or I'd like to pass on suspicious IPs and have one of you  chaps do that for me.

How do I do that, please ...

KASpencer

3 REPLIES 3
kaspencer
Rising Star

Question waiting for attntion ...

Would some kind person be able to deal with this post of mine please:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Plusnet-hosted-domain-security/td-p/1806431 

I have raised the issue twice but never had any replies.

Thankyou

Kenneth Spencer

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Question waiting for attntion ...

Moderators Note

Topics from same OP merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Question waiting for attntion ...

Hi @kaspencer firstly sorry for the delayed response.

I'm not sure there's a lot we can do about this unfortunately, because we can't ban IPs in this way from our side, due to the legacy nature of our domain control system. You could try emailing abuse@plus.net though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet