Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Support Saying it Expires Every Month

FIXED
Gl3nn

Plusnet Support Saying it Expires Every Month

Hi

Every month since I have moved to Plusnet the Plusnet Protect expires and needs to be reloaded. Does this happen to everyone or is there an issue with my account? Can it be resolved? Last month I contacted the support and they said to reload it, which I did and now it has expired again. The support people last month said they didn't know why it expires every omnth so I am confused.

Can anyone help to resolve as it is a pain every month to reload it.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Plusnet Support Saying it Expires Every Month

Sorry to hear that.

By reload do you mean you need to re-install it or remove it from your account?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gl3nn

Thanks Matt, I got an email saying it had been cancelled and I have to uninstall all software and if I want to protect my pc again I'd have to select Plusnet Protect in add ons and basically start the whole download and installation process again? Not ideal to have this every month, thought it would roll over as with any other provider?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

This problem occured several times back in July 2017 an finally resolved 12/12/2017.  See this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Protect-Problems-McAfee/m-p/1453731  and particularly @Gandalf post #12.  HTH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there.

Plusnet Protect works on a month by month basis, and every month it should auto-renew.

One of my colleagues has had a look into this and unfortunately the cancellation for the previous month is completing after the provide for the new month, which stops the software from working.

To resolve this, we've wiped the Plusnet Protect installation clean from your account.

If you uninstall the software then download and install a fresh copy one more time, you shouldn't experience this issue again. My colleague will be sending you an e-mail with instructions.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gl3nn

Thanks

I have done all this and it seems to have worked, so thanks. Will I need to uninstall and download it on all other devices I have it installed on or will they automatically be OK?

Sorry if that's a stupid question!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all.

Might have to do the same on all other devices you've got the software installed on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet