cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Safeguard Virus

Healthy4ever

Plusnet Safeguard Virus

Warnings for those newly join Plusnet. When you join Plusnet, it sends you a virus named Safeguard.. This viruse don't let you to go to may sites and social medias. I have just joined Plusnet but because of this virus I am completely disappointed. I telephoned them to de-activate it, they told I have to wait about 48.00 hours. I don't knoe what is the purpose of this virus. Blimey

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Plusnet Safeguard Virus

Welcome to the forums @Healthy4ever . Safeguard IS NOT a virus, it is a facility which can be used to restrict sites classified as 'Adult' so your children are unable to access them. Admittedly, its definition of such sites appear slightly strange, but you can turn it on or off from your account control.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Healthy4ever 

Safeguard simply sets the router DNS IP address to a filtered version,

You can set an alternative pair of DNS IP addresses in most devices. These over ride the router setting.

Many use the Google DNS addresses of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. You may need to go into your device IPv4 settings to make the change.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Healthy4ever

Thanks, it works.

Why they didn't tell me the same thing. Why they told me I had to wait 48 hours.

Baldrick1

@Healthy4ever 

This depends on the background skill of the Agent that you speak to. Agents probably have a crib sheet that advises that it takes up to 48 hours for your router to be updated and change the DNS IP addresses to the non filtered option.

Moderator and Customer

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Healthy4ever

Thanks for the reply.

But it is very simple. You go to your account, find safegaurd, put it off and save the change. That is all to it.

None of the functions of safeguard is working. Each one you click, it takes you to log in to your account or to plusnet cookies. Once I was able to go to change the settings, after that it became worst and I couldn't go back to it.

Have a good health every one.

Regards

www.healthy4ever.uk

Healthy4ever

Thanks.

Have a good health

Kind regards

www.healthy4ver.uk

Baldrick1

@Healthy4ever wrote:

But it is very simple. You go to your account, find safegaurd, put it off and save the change. That is all to it.

None of the functions of safeguard is working. Each one you click, it takes you to log in to your account or to plusnet cookies. Once I was able to go to change the settings, after that it became worst and I couldn't go back to it.

The key to understanding this is that Safeguard is activated through the DNS IP address stored in your router. You cannot change this. To change the setting you log into your account and effectively ask Plusnet to update your router settings over the Internet. This is where the time delay comes from.

If Safeguard is enabled then your chosen filter options, I guess, are set in your account, not your router. I might be wrong with this.

To be honest I do not use a Plusnet Hub, I have a Business version of the BT Smarthub 6, which gives direct control over DNS selection.

Moderator and Customer