cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect vs McAfee LiveSafe

loruss88

Plusnet Protect vs McAfee LiveSafe

Hello. I'm looking to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra and notice that Plusnet Protect is included which is powered by McAfee. At the same time, I have separate McAfee LiveSafe protection which is due for renewal next week. I'm trying to understand if I need the separate LiveSafe protection at all as the impression I have is that Plusnet's service covers that, and indeed a call with a customer service agent earlier today suggested the same. Is that a fair assumption? If so, I might as well ditch the separate McAfee altogether. 

I'm on a Windows 10 device so leaning towards getting Unlimited Fibre Extra with the Plusnet protection if someone could kindly advise/reassure me that its the right call.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
loruss88

Re: Plusnet Protect vs McAfee LiveSafe

Anyone able to verify?

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good evening @loruss88 

Welcome to our online Community Forum. correct, personally, I wouldn't pay for another year of separate LiveSafe protection as you'd be able to download the version provided by Plusnet via your online Member Centre. There's a couple of things I've picked up from personal experience though:

1. I have a MacBook Pro running the latest version of iOS software, and have not been able to install it, it's my impression (for now at least) that it's only compatible with Windows. I've not really followed this up as I personally use Norton.
  2. Before downloading and installing it, make sure that all traces of your previous McAfee software has been uninstalled, as this can interrupt the installation.
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
loruss88

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the advice, it's really helpful! Figured it might be double-bubbling so really appreciate you clarifying that for me.

All the best!

Cheers,

Carlo