Plusnet Protect remove inactive licenses

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet Protect remove inactive licenses

Hi @philw111

As far as I'm understanding this from reading the notes on your account, you're wanting to remove Plusnet Protect(McAfee) from your computer and not use it anymore?

You shouldn't need to login to the McAfee website to follow the steps here and use the removal tool. Can you confirm you've tried that? Let me know if I've misunderstood something.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

After discussing this with @JOLO it seems I have misunderstood. I believe you're wanting to remove devices from your Plusnet Protect as you can only have maximum 7 at a time? Can you try using the e-mail address you've found on the McAfee login page (referring to what you've said in your ticket now)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
philw111
Hooked

I don't know what the password is to tie in with that e-mail address and I don't know how to access it - if I use the "forgot password" link, I will not be able to use the link from Mcafee

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Are you able to try your account password?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
philw111
Hooked

Just tried it but no luck. As I said, I think I will have changed my password since the original set-up so it could be linked to the original password which I don't know

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The next step to try to fix the problem would to be to arrange McAfee to call you back. As part of this process, we'd need to provide them with your contact details. If you're happy to go ahead can you provide confirmation to your support ticket letting us know over here once you've done so?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
philw111
Hooked

I have added my consent to the ticket. I feel like we could be getting somewhere at last - thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've e-mailed McAfee with the request and your details.

Someone should be contacting you soon though I can't provide a definitive time.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet