cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Chat Said I would Get Contacted By The Network Administration Department about Safeguard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet Chat Said I would Get Contacted By The Network Administration Department about Safeguard

I've checked for an update now and there's nothing yet I'm afraid.

Apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tcj1971
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Chat Said I would Get Contacted By The Network Administration Department about Safeguard

What is it that they need to do? Match the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS on my account to the Plusnet DNS servers?

Or is this not possible

My settings are

Primary DNS: 213.120.234.42
Secondary DNS: 213.120.234.38

Apparently needs to be

To set Plusnet Safeguard DNS server addresses
Primary 213.120.234.42
Secondary 213.120.234.42
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The settings you have are the correct ones for Safeguard (despite that advice showing Secondary IP = Primary IP). I expect the investigation is to find out why these aren't working on your account.

As you've mentioned this is taking a long time.

David
tcj1971
Rising Star

Wow this is very poor from the apparent Network Administration Department

I would say it's like waiting for Christmas but that even is too close

We are trying to block individual Social Media sites from our young one but we cannot do so as there is no answer to why they are not getting blocked

Plusnet are no good for us if this continues

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @tcj1971,

I sincerely apologise for the continued issue you are experiencing.

I have checked the incident however, no further update has been provided. We are continuing to add examples of the issue you are experiencing to try and get to the bottom of it. I have placed the question on hold so that we can check for a closer update shortly.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
tcj1971
Rising Star

It is now over 2 MONTHS and still no fix

All I keeps seeing is on Hold for 7 more days in my accounts Open Questions

This is not good and personally I do not even think the issue has even been looked at by any support team

Plusnet We'll Do You Proud? Do not think so

Time to change suppliers as there are some good deals knocking about

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm sorry to see the issue we're working on is still ongoing. We're still working to resolve the issue and we'll update you as soon as we have some movement on that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tcj1971
Rising Star

Sorry but still very unhappy about the service being received here, or lack of

---------------------------

CSC Analyst

I am sorry to advise there problem is flagged but is still Unresolved, the issue is something our network team is aware of but the number of customers affected by the issue is smaller than larger issues that may be going on, so i am sorry to advise the priority of the issue is not ranked as high, It is being working on but the honest answer here is that it may take some time to fix still.

---------------------------

This is NOT a 'small' or 'low priority' matter as you have put in my Open Questions on my account, it is online safety with having children in the house which is much bigger than those moaning about low internet speeds etc

It will be nearly 3 months since I opened this case and find it quite frankly disgusting that it has not been looked into with our Safeguard not working

Every Monday I get - Question [ ********* ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've checked for an update and unfortunately we've no news to share regarding this at the moment.

As a temporary solution have you thought about looking at 3rd party software to block websites?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tcj1971
Rising Star

I cannot believe what I am reading. Why should I try a 3rd Party blocker when I should get one FREE with the package we have

PLUSNET SAFEGUARD

Internet content control - peace of mind for your household

Included with all our broadband packages as part of your Plusnet Perks, Plusnet SafeGuard filters inappropriate web content - so you decide what your household can see.

A screenshot of Plusnet Protect powered by McAfee

Switch on and stay in control

Activate SafeGuard when you sign up, or at any time afterwards by visiting your control panel in the Member Centre. Then, just change the settings to the level of protection you need.

Block unsuitable websites & categories

Stop access to a particular website or for greater control, a range of categories (e.g. adult content, gambling and image sharing). So, when everyone's online you won't need to worry about who's seeing what.

Allow access to safe websites

Creating a list of safe websites that your household can view is easy. (E.g. you could put a general block on gambling websites, but still allow access to the National 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record I have tried Open DNS in the past but it does not work on the Tablets our children have

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@tcj1971, @Gandalf only suggested this as a temporary fix whilst we carry on working on the issue internally. 

We really do apologise for the inconvenience caused, and we will update you as soon as more information is available to share. 

Thanks, 

MoR