cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plesk Web Applications not available?

Adam1V
Grafter

Plesk Web Applications not available?

Im currently playing around with the Plesk web applications (looks to be a great feature), but the majority of them are not available to install due to the MySQL or PHPAdmin not being up to date.
Are the updates likely to happen, or is there little point to the applications actually being there?
2 REPLIES 2
Adam1V
Grafter

Re: Plesk Web Applications not available?

I think it may be an error on my behalf, possibly.
It would appear that some of the web applications would like to install their own databases (can they not integrate?), and thus, if your at your database limit, they wont allow you to install.
glyndev
Grafter

Re: Plesk Web Applications not available?

All the apps that need a database try to create their own through the automatic install. If you only have the one database and you wish to add a second application,  then you would need to add the 2nd application manually. The problem with this is that if you wish to remove app 1 at a later date then it will also delete the database rendering app 2 useless.
The best way if you think that you may want to add a second application is to manually create a database and manually install the applications as well.
Another point is that many of the applications in the apps repository are older versions. i.e. I use Drupal, The version in the web-apps section is v6.1 but can't be installed due to "safe mode = ON". I downloaded and installed v6.8.