Password and Cookies

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Password and Cookies

Hi @shamus

Can you try resetting your password with no single or double quotes, spaces, @ signs, pound signs or backslashes please?

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shamus
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf 

Many thanks, I have reset the password and now all working.

However...

1) Something has clearly changed at PlusNet's end as my password had not changed in a long time!

2) I got the following message after updating my password:

You have successfully changed your password.
There has been an error in updating your WebStats password, please try again later. - What is this?

3) The website clearly states that The following symbols are allowed: !#$%&()*+,-./:;>=<?@[]^_`{|}~ Perhaps your website needs updating with a more up to date list of allowed characters?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @shamus  Thanks for getting back to me.

I have reset the password and now all working.

I'm glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

1) Something has clearly changed at PlusNet's end as my password had not changed in a long time!

We're investigating this further internally.

2) I got the following message after updating my password:

You have successfully changed your password.
There has been an error in updating your WebStats password, please try again later. - What is this?

We're aware of a known issue where updating your account password online doesn't automatically update your WebStats password. As a workaround account passwords we change this side will update your WebStats password.

WebStats is something related to webspace we offer on very old accounts.

3) The website clearly states that The following symbols are allowed: !#$%&()*+,-./:;>=<?@[]^_`{|}~ Perhaps your website needs updating with a more up to date list of allowed characters?

I've raised an internal task to our digital team (Ref: DFD-705) for further investigation.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PhatBoySlim

After reading this thread, I just reset my password using maximum of 16 characters (alphanumeric only - no special symbols).

Can now logon again.

Thanks for posting the information but please rectify to enable more secure passwords ASAP.

Regards