Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password and Cookies

FIXED
ilovenorman
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Password and Cookies

For the last few weeks, I've not been able to log into my Plusnet Broadband & Phone account, although I can log into my Mobile account.

I receive a message that my username or password is incorrect.  I've not changed my username and when I update the password, I then get a message that says I must allow cookies or I can't log in!

I've done nothing different, and I've made sure that Plusnet cookies are enabled... I'm feeling so frustrated. Please, can someone help me with this?  Thank you!

18 REPLIES 18
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Password and Cookies

Hi @ilovenorman

Sorry to hear this.

Could you try deleting the cache/cookies for your current browser and then try logging in again - if this doesn't work, could you try a different Internet browser and let us know the outcome?

Thanks

Dave

ilovenorman
Dabbler

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your assistance! I've tried your suggestions, but still keep getting the same message:

Invalid username or password

Please try again. Make sure your browser allows cookies, otherwise you won't be able to log in.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you please confirm which Internet browsers this is occurring in so that I can raise this to our network team to investigate?

Best wishes

Dave

ilovenorman
Dabbler

I normally use Google Chrome.  But, I also tried Mozilla Firefox, and Edge.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for clarifying.

Just to confirm, does this occur across various devices? If the answer to that question is "yes" could you please try and reset your password once more and then wait two hours before you attempt to log in at all.

If you're unable to login after the two hour window without any previous login attempts, we'll need to raise this to our network team - so please just drop us a line and let us know.

Best wishes

Dave

ilovenorman
Dabbler

Yes, it does - I get the same message on my mobile.

Okay... I'll reset the password again and let you know...

ilovenorman
Dabbler

Hi Dave,

I've followed your instructions to no avail - same message dialogue box as before.  What now?

Thanks"

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @ilovenorman

I'm sorry to hear this hasn't worked. I will need to raise a task to our Network operations but firstly I will need to speak to you to get your authorisation. Can you please respond to this post or send me a private message with the best time to give you a call today.

Thanks,

lizboo

Hi there, I am getting exactly the same problem, I reset my password, tried different browsers etc., but message is still the same across both my windows laptops and android tablet Cry

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @lizboo

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue as well.

After reading this post can you try setting a password without any special characters?

If you are still having issues we'll need to remote into your computer to investigate further, feel free to PM me the best contact number and time for a call 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ilovenorman
Dabbler

Hi Satss,

Sorry I missed you! Thank you for following up! I can be reached now anytime today.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

My colleague isn't available right now so i'll call you instead Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks again for your time on the phone @ilovenorman

I'm sorry for the issues you've been experiencing with trying to login to your account but I'm glad that we've managed to resolve this now for you.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shamus
Grafter

I have exactly the same issue. I have tried in multiple browsers (IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome) and on multiple devices with same result.

I have not tried changing my password as I know the password I am entering is 100% correct.

Can you please advise of what the fix is please?