cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages not visible after migration

noel1
Dabbler

Pages not visible after migration

I have been reading other people's problems since this migration.  I can work on my pages but they are not visible showing the 404 error message. I have even reluctantly loaded an old version of my site into the public folder but still not there.
I don't really understand what goes on the servers but need to sort this - v frustrating. Can anyone help - please?
7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Pages not visible after migration

Hi there,
The DNS records for your .co.uk are still pointing to the old platform. I'll get them updated for you now. It will take 24 hours or so for the change to fully propagate though. Mention of the this is in the FAQs.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

noel1
Dabbler

Thank you Bob.
Sometimes you don't know what you're looking for but it's easier with people like you around.

noel1
Dabbler

Hi Bob
I am still not able to see the pages beyond my home page.  Any ideas - the site is  www.vipbroadcasting.co.uk. ;
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like an .htaccess file was missing. I've added it again so the links work now. You might want to check to make sure there's no other hidden files on the Plusnet servers that didn't make it across. I am seeing an extra navigation menu item on Hostopia that I can't see on the old platform though. Any ideas about that?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

noel1
Dabbler

When the tech help said they couldn't help with a website, I though re-uploading an old copy of the site might at least rectify the situation even if I would have to do a lot of updating. So I did you that. Perhaps I have now loaded something twice.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've seen a few examples where we've migrated data that's weeks/month's old. Have a nosey around and if you'd like us to try migrating a fresh cut of your data across then let me know.
Alternatively the Plusnet FTP servers are still accessible if you want to try doing this yourself (you'd need to update all the database details your scripts are using though so I'd suggest grabbing these from the config files on your Hostopia space first).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

noel1
Dabbler

Thanks Bob - I'm a little ill educated on server technology and geography  - a bit out of my depth. (Learning how to build websites was a major achievement).So if you see anything that needs attention, your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Things seem to be working on the whole now. thanks very much.