cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP & Webhosting

serpens

PHP & Webhosting

Hi  I am asking for help in trying to understand how I can host my current plusnet website with the plusnet server, I have various php scripts on my site which when uploaded to my normal htdocs folder do not work. I am no web programmer and as such I use WYSIWYG Webbuilder 6 to build my website. some of the pages have html extensions and some have php extensions to allow the scripts to run. Can someone help me in where I need to upload my files to allow them to work, on the plusnet servers. I have had to switch to a free webhosting company to get my website to run correctly. This allows me to just upload my website complete to the server and everything works fine. As I do not have to load some elements to a cgi folder and some to a htdocs folder.
Thanks in advance.
Rich.
3 REPLIES 3
decomplexity
Rising Star

Re: PHP & Webhosting

If you are an existing PN customer still entitled to use PN's CGI service, you do unfortunately have either:
- to split the pages into 'htm/html' and 'php' pages and load them into home pages and CCGI webspace respectively
or
- to load the entire site into your CGI webspace and raise a ticket to get your domain name pointed to CCGI (from the 'htdocs' home pages server)
Otherwise, you need to take out a chargeable (£4.59 pm per domain) PAYH subscription and load the entire site there
PN's offer to allow customers to try a restricted verson of PAYH (mainly for PHP pages) alongside home pages webspace is not now available.
Note finally that the future of the present CGI service is under review and it may be discontinued in favour of PAYH
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
serpens

I have uploaded my site to the cgi area, but the following was sent from plusnet when I requested a redirect to my new cgi site?Huh
Dear Mr Wright,
Thank you for your query. For full details on using the CGI server, please check the CGI support section for help and information on the CGI service:
http://www.plus.net/support/webspace/cgi_php/
In order to redircet the normal webspace you would need to put a redirect page on there which guides your visitors to the correct pages.
If you require any additional help or support, please do not hesitate to contact us or take a look at our comprehensive help and support pages available from the PlusNet website.
Kind regards,
[CSA Name Removed]

I enquired about the 301 redirect method. The reply was

Dear Mr Wright,
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this is outside of our support remit. In order to gain further advice please place a post on the Community Forums at http://community.plus.net.
Apologies we couldn't advise you further on this occasion.
Kind regards,
[CSA Name Removed]
Can anyone help me in understanding what I need to do to redirect people from my webspace to the new cgi website?
Thanks & Regards
Rich.
jim:red Agents names removed mod:end
decomplexity
Rising Star

You need to do two DNS changes, and then you need to raise a ticket for PN to make it work with their own system: see Bob Pullen's reply to the post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75335.0.html
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017