cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP Script Problem

powawalker

PHP Script Problem

Hi ...
Since 2007, we have been running an online shop based upon php scripts from a kit supplied by Protx. The shop works ok most of the time but very occasionally we get error messages (see attached example). In the past these errors appear to have corrected themselves (ie no changes were made to our code and after a day or so the error disappeared). However the PlusNet support team have suggested there is a problem in the scripts but they are not able to be more specific.
Does anyone have any ideas?
PS  I have also attached the code behind the Welcome page that threw up the error and the Includes file that it uses for constants and functions.
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: PHP Script Problem

I think the problem is that /tmp on the server is full so that the session information can't be stored. This happened about 10 days ago too.
It's a shame this is happening ahead of migration to a new server which hopefully will be better behaved. (Link).
However to get your site working again I suggest you copy the script posted here into Notepad, save it as setphpini.cgi and upload it (as ascii text) to the root of your ccgi website ('/'). Set its permissions to 700 then browse to it. That will create a /tmp directory in your own webspace, add a customised php.ini file to your site which links to the new /tmp and create php.ini soft links in each subdirectory containing .php files which link back to your customised php.ini.
Assuming that process works you should find your site functions again. Smiley
Assuming success I suggest removing the attachments in your opening post since they include user access information for your merchant site.
David
jfarraruk

The system seems very flaky at the moment.  From my post below, you can see I was unable to run a php script yesterday.  Today it is running but takes a long time to connect.  I checked the script out by setting it up on another isp, Compila.  It ran quickly and correctly.
powawalker

Hi ...
Thanks everyone for your advice and explanations ... this was very helpful ... fortunately the problem cleared itself this morning so I guess /tmp on the server got cleared out ...
Happy New Year  !!!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: spraxyt
I think the problem is that /tmp on the server is full so that the session information can't be stored. This happened about 10 days ago too.

I've raised an internal problem to have this looked into as it shouldn't be happening, certainly not so frequently (ref: 78980). I'm fairly confident it's not related to the imminent migration.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We've taken a look and there seems to be plenty of space available in /tmp at the moment. It's also been confirmed that it filling up is nothing to do with the migration. The daily CRON script to purge stuff > 5 days also seems to be running as intended. We'll keep an eye on it throughout this week...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵