cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PAYH] subdomain not working

AntonioMar

[PAYH] subdomain not working

Hi,
I have transfered a  domain (shopentropia.com) to the plesk trial and it has been working perfectly.  I created a subdomain of blog.shopentropia.com, which I have installed wordpress on, but I have been unable to access this subdomain via a browser.  I think I read somewhere that it could take a few hours for DNS records to update, but its been over 48 hours now.
Do I just need to wait some more or have I missed something?
8 REPLIES 8
Pod
Grafter

Re: [PAYH] subdomain not working

Am in the same fix as Antonio  Cry
Had a domain pointed to the [PAYH] servers for testing and trials - and have failed at the first hurdle because my subdomain still hasn't propagated, so suspect the PlusNet DNS configuration via the Plesk CP is borked.
(Especially as I'd expect the DNS change to be pretty quick as it's (DNS) is controlled on the very PlusNet servers the Plesk CP manipulates - even if the "rest of the internet" can't see the changes until propagated, IYSWIM)
Re-reading my initial PAYH trail account email, am now unclear if PlusNet expect sub-domains to work, at least via the Plesk CP, here is the emailed text from PlsuNet that (now) concerns me:
[quote=support@plus.net]Other Notes
========
When logged in to your account, you will see a section called custom
buttons, as well as other features such as email setup that are
unavailable. You will not be able to log into these areas when prompted.
These buttons will be removed in the final version for Plusnet
customers.
So, maybe the more pertinent question than "why are PAYH sub-domains created via the Plesk CP  not working" is
"In PlusNet's view, should PAYH sub-domains created through the Plesk CP work?"
Any helpful response from the PlusNet staff to these questions would be most helpful - or were we asked to post in the support form as a means of getting rid of us and our pesky questions?  Kiss
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
The dns for your domains is still dealt with through your Plusnet account, so therefore when you have created a subdomain, you then either need to setup the dns record within you Plunet account, or if you raise a ticket through trials.plus.net and choose to add a new domain, then let us know the subdomain, ill set the record up for you.
If you need any further assistance please let me know.
Pod
Grafter

Many thanks Kev for the speedy and useful reply - now we know why "just waiting" isn't working  Smiley
Will go and have a look (later today) at the PlusNet DNS options - haven't played with that before, so may indeed need help although I always try and dig a hole myself first  Cheesy
Pod
Grafter

Update,
Life is good - that is, now the DNS has propagated the sub-domain is now working nicely, many thanks for your post Kev which made all the difference  Smiley
AntonioMar

Quote from: Pod
Update,
...now the DNS has propagated the sub-domain is now working nicely...

Oh dear.... mine didn't, lol
OK then, plan B.  I'll raise a ticket and do it the easy way Wink
Pod
Grafter

Antonio,
Quote from: AntonioMar
Oh dear.... mine didn't, lol
OK then, plan B.  I'll raise a ticket and do it the easy way Wink

How many hours has it been since you did the DNS changes in your normal PlusNet account ("Domain Names") config?
(i.e. in response to Kev's {reply#2 above) hint that you create a sub-domain in Plesk CP - then go and change the DNS in your PlusNet "Domain Names")
Allow 'up to 24-48 hours' after the DNS changes to propagate - for me, the initial servers saw the change about 6 hours after the change this morning.
HTH
AntonioMar

Quote from: Pod

How many hours has it been since you did the DNS changes in your normal PlusNet account ("Domain Names") config?
(i.e. in response to Kev's {reply#2 above) hint that you create a sub-domain in Plesk CP - then go and change the DNS in your PlusNet "Domain Names")
Allow 'up to 24-48 hours' after the DNS changes to propagate - for me, the initial servers saw the change about 6 hours after the change this morning.

Its been just over 24 hours.  I'll wait the full 48 before I raise a ticket
AntonioMar

D'Oh!
Missed off the full stop  Embarrassed
Its all fixed and working now.  Thanks for your help Pod and Kev Smiley