cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PAYH] path to mySQL binaries?

gollum
Grafter

[PAYH] path to mySQL binaries?

Since we do not have access to mySQL admin tools I am thinking about how to backup my CMS database. I am using CMS Made Simple which has a module mySQLDump which might do the trick but to use it I need to know the path to the mySQL binaries. It might work as the CMS can make mySQL calls via the PHP interface. I am, however, stuck over specifying the path to the mySQL binaries. Anyone have an ideas?
Many thanks
6 REPLIES 6
glyndev
Grafter

Re: [PAYH] path to mySQL binaries?

Which MySQL server are you talking about ?. Humbug / Rumpus on normal ccgi or on the PAYH server ?.
php my admin is the tool to use but different routes to get to the appropriate version.
gollum
Grafter

PAYH
As far as I can see, and correct me if I am wrong, there is no sign of a local mySQL admin application and no access for remote tools. Hence my search for something I can use from within my CMS to perform database backups. which brings me back to the location of the mysql binaries on the PAYH platform
Cheers
glyndev
Grafter

on the  "Domain username.com" page select  "databases" in the "services" block.
select your database from the list.
On the next page you will have the tools "DB Webadmin"  and "Add New Database User". Click on the webadmin which is actually phpMyAdmin.
Hope this helps.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You CAN run shell commands on PAYH - see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,69399.msg553635.html#msg553635
Isn't it "which" that will tell you where a command being executed is located? Could you put that in to a cron script with the name of one of the binaries?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gollum
Grafter

Devonports - yes it works. I am embarrassed to admit that I was confused by my browser blocking the popup. Worse, I had this problem previously and came up with the same explanation then and completely forgot about it. Many thanks for reminding me of where to find phpMyAdmin. Now to get on with backups.
jelv - good idea! I had not thought of that, I will try it. many thanks
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've not used PAYH yet (it's on my list) but I'd be surprised if it wasn't in the default path. You should just be able to run the command as is.