cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYH - mail boxes have disappeared and no access to manage domain

lyndonp
Grafter

PAYH - mail boxes have disappeared and no access to manage domain

What has happened to PAYH and the Horde web mail?
It was all working yesterday around lunch time. Last night I couldn't get to the login page on Horde i.e. webmail.[my domain]
Today the webmail login page comes up but I cannot login to my webmail.
I have been onto PAYH to login to my Admin account on there and cannot see the 3 mailboxes to which mail to my domain was directed. It also says I do not access to manage the domain when I click on Manage Mail
What has happened? It seems like everything has been deleted, probably along with all my email?
Please can it be fixed ASAP.
8 REPLIES 8
lyndonp
Grafter

Re: PAYH - mail boxes have disappeared and no access to manage domain

Submitted a ticket this lunchtime but no response as yet  Angry
Currently can't access webmail at all again to even see if anythign has changed.
Never had an issue like this at all before. There is something seriously wrong with PAYH and webmail on Horde - is anybody from Plusnet going to respond at all?
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi,
This is due to your hosting having expired, to switch this back on, you will need to renew the services via your PAYH account.
lyndonp
Grafter

Hello Kev,
Thank you for your reply.
Please can you tell me if something changed recently on the PAYH setup? My mailboxes have been sat there for a while since Port995 terminated and looking at the transaction history I haven't renewed anything since Nov 2009. I sort of got the impression (rightly or wrongly)  the email didn't need renewing as it has worked for over the last 15 months!
I know I discussed with Mand at the time about moving the domain to point to the free Plusnet mailboxes but never bothered as it worked OK. Being as I only require mailbox access I don't want to pay about £5 per month for this facility.
Please can you clarify and give me the options and how to proceed with moving the domain to the Plusnet mailboxes. It may be if I have to pay for a month to get it back and transfer it during the month to Plusnet I will do that.
Thanks.
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
I can confirm no changes have happened to the system and there is no reason why your mailboxes should have still been working after the hosting had expired.
In order to use the PAYH service then you would need to pay the PAYH subscription or if the domain is registered via JTN you could set up mail forwarding through JTN
Hope that helps.
lyndonp
Grafter

Hello Kev,
I have added some cash now. How long does it take before it gets re-enabled again?
Thanks.
lyndonp
Grafter

Kev,
The cash has been confirmed and I have  extended the hosting now until 16 April o my account.
However,  I still cannot get to the webmail.[domain] page. The DNS doesn't seem to be resolving. This is the issue I had Monday night, and again last night - yesterday daytime I could get to the login page but just couldn't login.
There is something else wrong. Now I have paid up I would expect it to work.
Please can you check it and resolve please.
Lyndon.
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
Its working for me now, so its just a case of dns getting picked up again.
In the meantime, try going to webmail.payh.co.uk and log in with your details.
lyndonp
Grafter

Hello Kev,
It's all working again now.  Smiley Thanks for your help.
Lyndon.