Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYH limits

tonysmith123
Dabbler

PAYH limits

Hi
I transferred my website to the PAYH platform as part of the trial.
The traffic allowance of 1536 MB per month is just about my limit and I regularly check to see how things are.
When checking the traffic figure I have now become concerned at the PAYH webspace limit of 250MB.
250 MB seems ample as my website is only about 30MB. However I find that my total disc usage is now 177MB. This is mainly due to 137MB for "Log Files and statistical reports". Can anyone please advise on what this figure relates to and whether there is any way to reduce it, does it keep on rising?
Any help would be most appreciated.
Regards
Tony Smith
2 REPLIES 2
lackobrain
Dabbler

Re: PAYH limits

Hi Tony,
I found my logs were getting a little out of hand a while back too.
If you go to the Plesk control panel -> yourdomain.name -> Log Files -> Log rotation
Then you can set when to rotate the logs based on either size or dating, you can also specify how many historical logs to keep.
I've set mine to rotate on a fortnightly basis and keep 2 logs (1 month of records) and this seems to keep things nice and clean for me. YMMV but if you play around I'm sure you'll be able to strike a nice balance between record keeping and available space
tonysmith123
Dabbler

Re: PAYH limits

Hi
Many thanks for advice.
I have now set log rotation limits. At present my disc usage figure remains unchanged but I assume it takes time for the new set up to take effect.
Thanks again for your help which is very much appreciated.
Regards
Tony