Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYH: Safe mode and PHP over Fast CGI

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

PAYH: Safe mode and PHP over Fast CGI

Can we have an update as to when this will be resolved please - it is a major stumbling block if trying to use a CMS and many other off the shelf solutions.
Parrellels released Plesk 9.0 which allows PHP over Fast CGI around last December and 9.2 was released around April I think; PAYH is still running 8.6.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
5 REPLIES 5
Gabe
Grafter

Re: PAYH: Safe mode and PHP over Fast CGI

See Parallels forums for why ISPs don't like to be early adopters.  Wink
Meanwhile, the type of wrapper suggested <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73037.msg577649.html#msg577649">here</a> can be made to work, at least to the limited extent I could test at the time, with some CMSs. It's not plug and play, but could be a workaround for now if you're stuck.
Gabe
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Yesterday Kev responded very, very quickly to help me get my domain moved across for which I was most grateful.
Today I ask a question and there's no reply (and I've checked his profile - he has been on the forums today).
James
Grafter

Kev,
Doesn't actively monitor the forums and sometimes I have to ask him to check something out, which I shall do now.
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Sorry, have been busy today
We are currently looking in to 2 different options we have to sort out the safe mode issue. Once we have investigated this and have worked out which solution we will be going with we will make an announcement.
Its being delayed due to the amount of work we have on at the moment, but I can confirm that we have not forgot about the issue and as soon as we know something we will let you know.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

But it's not just the safe mode issue. Some of the packages included in Plesk 8.6 have had security updates released since the version in Plesk. I'd of thought you'd be wanting to bring those up to date as well (or is it the case that hardly anybody uses those and instead installs the latest version obtained from the packages website?).