cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PAYH] How do you delete/close/remove a PAYH account

SoulBriski
Grafter

[PAYH] How do you delete/close/remove a PAYH account

I had a PAYH 30 day trial acount that i used at the beginning of theses trials.
I hosted a domain on it during testing but it expired in November.
When i got the opportunity in December to work on it again, I couldn't do anything with the expired account so I requested a new trial account and am now ready to go live.
Devonports has written a really useful tutorial on pointing your domain to PAYH at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,72408.0.html but when i have completed the process, my old, (expired account) holding page is what appears at my www domain
I've pointed my domain back to the ccgi again so I'm currently waiting for it to propogate again so that my ccgi site will be visible again for the time-being.
How do i get rid of that old PAYH account so that i can be sure that i point my domain to my new PAYH account?
Any help given ASAP would be most appreciated. I timed the launching of my new site to coincide with the new year, I'm now 3 days late
3 REPLIES 3
glyndev
Grafter

Re: [PAYH] How do you delete/close/remove a PAYH account

Once the domain has fully propogated make doubly sure that you have set up the domain name alias on the up to date site on PAYH, then follow the DNS guide to point the domain back to PAYH.
If you get an error when creating the alias saying "alias already exists" (or words to that effect), it means that the alias on your PAYH trial site is still active and needs deleting before you proceed with setting up pointing your domain to your up to date site.
As regards getting rid of the old PAYH trial account I think that you will have to request this via a ticket.
SoulBriski
Grafter

I've raised a ticket with PN and they acknowldge the need to pass it on to their plesk team which they have done. (waiting for a response at the moment but it is weekend)
With regards to your other comments, I have stripped the old account of everything that i am able to. There are no domains registered, no alias's, no DNS so I don't know what it is that's making it point to that account.
One thing I did notice was a DNS setting on both accounts that was common
Host                                  Record Type                                Value
mydomain                                      NS                                        plesk-dns02.plus.net.
Having said that, I've switched the DNS off on the old account anyway.
It's frustrating that i can't delete the old account and I'm assuming that when it has gone that the last step of your tutorial will work for me.
Thanks again for your help
SoulBriski
Grafter

STILL NO JOY WITH THIS!
I've raised a ticket with PN but still the old account is active and I can't get rid of it.
Are there any PN staff online at the mo that can help me with this please.