cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PAYH] How do I point my domain at the PAYH server rather than the ccgi server

gilbertG
Dabbler

[PAYH] How do I point my domain at the PAYH server rather than the ccgi server

I have a live site currently on the ccgi servers, with a real domain pointing at it.
I have set up a new version on the PAYH servers which is currently being pointed at by a username.plushost.co.uk domain.
How do I make my real domain point to the PAYH servers once I am ready to to do so after I finish testing the new site?
Do I need to raise a ticket to do this or is it something I can do from inside Plesk?
4 REPLIES 4
glyndev
Grafter

Re: [PAYH] How do I point my domain at the PAYH server rather than the ccgi server

Firstly ...... DO NOT transfer your domain to the PAYH server
This tutorial will take you through it step by step. http://users.plus.net/tutorials/id/69
It works for a single domain as well as multiple domains. It also allows you to test your new site with the domain name while your old site is still live.
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Re: [PAYH] How do I point my domain at the PAYH server rather than the ccgi server

Hi
Please note on the link given that:
domainname.com._____A_________212.56.83.230
Will depend on the server that you are on.
gilbertG
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies.
The link describes pointing the domain without www at the PAYH server IP then at a later stage pointing www at the domain.
So for example: www.example.com -> example.com -> IP of PAYH server.
I don't want to do this I want to point www at the IP _NOT_ the domain.
So then: www.example.com -> IP of PAYH server
I understand how to do this except for the initial part of the explanation where it says:
In the Plesk control panel select "Domain > Domain Alias > Add Domain Alias >".
Enter the 'Domain alias name'. e.g. birdwellfirstresponders.org.uk (this is my domain. it does exist). DO NOT put 'www.' or anything else before the domain name...

If I want to point www. at the PAYH server directly presumably I enter www.example.com as the Domain alias name?
Is that right?
glyndev
Grafter

you could set up a domain alias as www.domain.co.uk if you wish. but it will also work without the www. which also allows more flexibility in setting up your domain records.