cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PAYH] DNS configuration > still in Member Centre or part of Plesk?

MarkA

[PAYH] DNS configuration > still in Member Centre or part of Plesk?

I've built (rather rebuilt) my site in PAYH and so far so good, it is certainly quicker, just need the shell access! Anyway, I'm ready for the Plusnet staff to switch the DNS settings to point my www record at the right IP address etc. What I want to know is that within Plesk is a DNS configuration section which appears to be purely a read-only section. When the DNS changes are made, does the DNS section of the Plesk control panel have any effect? I have custom MX/A records setup for the domain in question and wish to retain control of this which I currently do through the Member Centre>Domain Names section. Anyone have any insight? Thanks, Mark.
3 REPLIES 3
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Re: [PAYH] DNS configuration > still in Member Centre or part of Plesk?

Hi
All the dns records for your domain will still be held within the Plusnet Member centre.
So any changes to MX records etc, will be updated through there.
Hope that clears things up.
Pod
Grafter

Mark,
Am not a PlusNet chap - but we had a similar question which Kev (PlusNet) answered, namely you continue to control DNS from the PlusNet account (not Plesk CP), see his full answer (which applies to PAYH trial users) here:
Quote from: Kev
Hi
The dns for your domains is still dealt with through your Plusnet account, so therefore when you have created a subdomain, you then either need to setup the dns record within you Plunet account, or if you raise a ticket through trials.plus.net and choose to add a new domain, then let us know the subdomain, ill set the record up for you.
If you need any further assistance please let me know.

HTH  Smiley

(Later: Just saw Kev beat me to it - thanks!)
MarkA

Smiley Thanks to both of you. Mark.