cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PAYH] CGI => PAYH

decomplexity
Rising Star

[PAYH] CGI => PAYH

The planned removal of the CGI platforms and their replacement by PAYH has raised a significant number of restrictions of the new environment as well as opportunities. A keyword search of  the PN forums, through PUGIT and through Plesk Help (for those who already have PAYH accounts) rarely brings up anything useful – and Plesk Help search is notoriously poor at this (e.g. a search for ‘port’ will return, inter alia, ‘support’, ‘report’ and so on  - I kid you not).
Could I suggest that, to save PN CS staff (and other users) time in answering posts and to save users-in-trouble a lot of frustration, PN lists in one place all the known additional technical restrictions and oddities likely to be encountered when transferring frrom CGI to PAYH and their implications (e.g. Safe mode, magic quotes, permissions changes needed, direct client access to MySQL databases barred, and so on). PN can be sure that users will chip in with additional items which could be added to the list owned by the PN OP!
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
1 REPLY 1
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: [PAYH] CGI => PAYH

A great idea.  I know that it may not be what you want to hear but, since you do appear to have been in the lead with many of the known issues, would you consider starting a new thread with your list of known 'challenges'  + others that are dotted around various threads?   Hopefully this will at least raise awareness and potentially be valuable when Plusnet get around to defining the 'new' product prior to its April (2009?) launch.
I'd guess that Kev Mawson would a least confirm the current status of items in the thread to make it a useful reference point.
I'd agree that many of the PAYH problems have not made it to PUGIT, so if you have some that you consider merit an entry please feel free to PM me, and I'll pick it up.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.