cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PAYH] Add new database?

Pooks
Grafter

[PAYH] Add new database?

I have just had the new hosting set up and Plusnet has pointed my domain to the new space but I can't add a database.
Plesk tells me that I have two domains:-
mydomain.co.uk
mydomain.plushost.co.uk
If I have a look at the plushost.co.uk domain then it allows me to add a db.  If I have a look at mydomain.co.uk then there is no option under the Tools section.  Any ideas?
I realise that I am only allowed one database but how do I change it from the plushost.co.uk subdomain to my registered domain?
8 REPLIES 8
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Re: PAYH - Add new database?

Hi
By default the database is given to the first domain that is added to the account, to change this, you will need to log in to your control panel, click home, then on to the domain name, ensure that you have no database created, and then click on limits and change database to 0.
Then you need to go in to the other domain, click limits and move up to 1
Hope that helps
Word_Warrior
Grafter

This worked for me.
Pooks
Grafter

Thanks for that.  I even looked for that option last night and couldn't see it.  Must've been the cider!
Pooks
Grafter

Another problem.  I have created the new db but when I try to import the previous db I get an access error:-
SQL query:
--
-- Database: `olddb_pn`
--
CREATE DATABASE `olddb_pn` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;
MySQL said: Documentation
#1044 - Access denied for user 'myusername'@'%' to database 'olddb_pn'
What is the best way to go about reinstating my old database to the new server?
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
You need to remove the first section of the export before you import it, so the it starts with CREATE TABLE
Let me know if that helps.
Pooks
Grafter

Thanks again.  That seems to have worked.  Time to see if I can get the rest working!
Pooks
Grafter

Okay.  Everything seems to have gone well but I have noticed one little glitch so far.  On one of my pages I use a PHP include to drag in the METAR and TAF information from the noaa.gov website.  According to the message I am getting the server doesn't allow URL file-access.  Is this what the PHP Safe mode is all about?  Any way around it?
Pooks
Grafter

Ah sorted it.  It appears to be a new function of PHP 5 to stop malicious code.  Managed to get around it using:-
  <?
$a = file_get_contents("http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/forecasts/shorttaf/stations/EGPB.TXT");
echo ($a);
?>