cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Reseller Question (and other questions)

Adam1V
Grafter

PAYG Reseller Question (and other questions)

I currently have just a single business package supporting just one domain.
It looks like It may be beneficial for me to upgrade to the reseller package as a few friends/business would like domains hosted and this might be a good way of doing things. I have the following questions if anyone could help me out:
1) currently, I login with my ISP username/password, as a reseller, how will this differ. Will I login and see ALL the domains under my hosted package?
2)  How will email be setup on each domain, would this be done via the parells portal or the F9 portal in my force9 account?
3) I assume, I would simply transfer in the domains I wish to host and assign each person access to that domain? They would then login to the paralles portal and see only their domain, and see have access to all the great new tools?
4) I cant remember off the top of my head, but I assume database are linked to the domain accounts, so I could let each account have 2 databases for example, neither of which would conflict with the other?
3 REPLIES 3
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Re: PAYG Reseller Question (and other questions)

Hi
1. If you upgrade the account, the user name and password will remain the same and you will be able to see all the domains you have added in your control panel.
2. Any domains added directly through PAYH and pointed towards the PAYH name servers will be able to use the PAYH mail service and control email accounts through there.
3. You are able to set up domain administrators so that when they log in with the domain name, they can only access that domain name and you can set what they can and cant do in there.
4. As the reseller you will be able to set the limits for each domain, whether that be how many databases they can have or the amount of file space they have.
Hope that helps
Adam1V
Grafter

Hi Kev,
Thanks for your answers, that clears most things up.
If One of the people im hosting on behalf for later signs up for a force9 ISP account (likely to happen), how would his mail be managed then?
I only ask because im obviously with F9 and the mail is managed with F9 and not the PAYH service? but technically, no domain would linked to his F9 account, so im assuming it would therefore have to be managed in the PAYH software?
This leaves me slightly confused  Cool
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
As the name servers will be with PAYH, then email would remain with PAYH.