cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound VPN not working

mls1980

Outbound VPN not working

Hi can anyone help me, Whilst with my previous provider (TalkTalk) I used to be able to connect my work laptop to work from home, now I'm with Plusnet it no longer works, the device is fine, if I switch to 4G then the VPN immediately fires up and connects.

From reading other posts, I note that there has been a similar issue in the past with public IP addresses starting 146. I have been connected to Plusnet using 91.125.34.36, not sure whether IP's on this range now have a similar issue.

There was also talk about requesting a static IP from PlusNet, is this still possible, does anyone know whether this fixes the issue?

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
mls1980

Re: Outbound VPN not working

The VPN has bounced back into life now.  

The broadband service went offline (nothing changed within the premises, it just went to a red/amber LED), when it came online again I was provided a 146.198.251.x address and the VPN magically worked.

I wouldn't necessarily say this is fixed because I bet the next time I get issued a new IP address I could well have a VPN issue again.

We shall wait and see...

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Outbound VPN not working

Thanks for getting in touch @mls1980

I'm glad to hear that all is back up and running now.

If the issue happens again can you advise the exact error you get and the VPN client you use so we can forward this to the correct team?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team